1. Safety for Your Animals
2. Strength of the Materials Used
3. Durability for the Job
4. Weathering Requirements in Your Area
5. Environmentally Friendly Ingredients
6. Low to Maintenance Free Product
7. Warrantees to Protect Your Investment
8. Aesthetics to Match Your Facility
9. Choices in Design
10. Choices in Colors
While it may seem impossible to match or even come close to the above mentioned requirements in ranch fencing, you will actually find that there is a superior product that covers all!
Often people think of vinyl fencing when they see the ranch-style that used to be made of wood. Just as wood is not the best choice for livestock fencing, vinyl has many downsides that you should be aware of. Initially, wood seemed like a good investment, until horses let us know that they will actually eat large amounts of it! People also realized that wood fencing needed to be treated regularly – either painted or stained, and it still did not hold up to normal weather conditions for very long. Maintenance issues became a top concern for ranch fencing.
Then came the PVC material for vinyl fencing, which looks very similar to the popular wooden ranch fencing. Don’t be fooled by the promise of less maintenance! Originally, PVC was believed to offer less upkeep, since there was no need to paint or stain it, but over time, we have become aware of the fact that PVC is really not a very strong fencing option. Not only does it weather, crack, and even splinter terribly – making it a dangerous product around animals – it also has toxic ingredients that are harmful to your animals and your environment. PVC can also be very difficult to recycle. While the initial cost may be less, it will require regular replacements with all of those broken pieces. It is not easily customized. PVC could also potentially create a very costly veterinary expense when the animals “test” its durability. Because of the splintering and shattering on impact, PVC can impale a horse in contact with the fencing and has already caused catastrophic injuries to horses.
Thanks to our more advanced technology, along with conscientious manufacturers who create the products that we can be proud of; we would like to introduce High Density Polyethylene Ranch Fencing.
High Density Polyethylene or H.D.P.E. is the superior choice for ranch style fencing in horse facilities, livestock areas and home-sites.
1. Safety for Your Animals means using fencing that is impact resistant and not shatter splinter or crack. Horses and all other livestock and animals will not be injured by this safe fencing.
2. Strength of the Materials Used: H.D.P.E. is constructed of the toughest plastic materials on the market, with reinforced rails and at least double the thickness of other fencing choices. It has a much higher flexural strength than most other fencing products. H.D.P.E. is hollow, making it lighter and easier to work with than wood fencing. No internal reinforcement or other materials are needed.
3. Durability for the Job: Over time, H.D.P.E. is the best choice for the ranch fencing. Posts are 6″ x 6″ and weigh almost twice that of a standard PVC post. It will withstand years of abuse from the elements and your horses.
4. Weathering Requirements in Your Area. H.D.P.E. ranch fencing performs well in extreme temperatures with a brittleness point at 60 degrees below zero! Ultraviolet stabilizers are continuous throughout the materials. H.D.P.E. ranch fencing flexes and gives in extreme temperatures, allowing resistance in extreme weather conditions.
5. Environmentally Friendly Ingredients: H.D.P.E. ranch fencing is made of nothing but UV stable H.D.P.E. and is environmentally sound and non-toxic, with no arsenics or chlorides and will not contaminate water or soil. There are many environmental problems associated with PVC fencing, such as; did you know that PVC can be difficult to recycle? Remember, your horses will be sniffing around the fencing and checking for extra snips of grass all day. You are careful to feed them the proper ingredients for a balanced diet, why should your fencing that contains them be toxic to their system and the environment? H.D.P.E. is inherently safe for the environment and can be easily recycled at the end of its’ useful life.
6. Low to Maintenance Free Product: H.D.P.E. fencing does not require paint or stain and it is completely graffiti resistant and easy to clean. It will not weaken in the change of seasons with the temperature extremes. H.D.P.E. is also impermeable to acids found in animal wastes. You will finally have a long-lasting and great looking fence!
7. Warrantees to Protect Your Investment: You can be sure that a manufacturer believes in their product when you receive a 20 year warrantee! Wow, ever heard of a wooden fence or vinyl lasting for 20 years and still looking great? Now your investment is protected.
8. Aesthetics to Match Your Facility. Let’s face it, ranch-style fencing is often chosen for that desirable look of a classy facility. Great looking fencing can serve as an accessory to a beautiful location whether it is installed for livestock or for decoration and shows at first glance that you take pride in your location. Now you can have it all, with great looks that will last.
9. Choices in Design: Heights of 7′, 7.5′ or 8′ posts, and 2-rail, 3-rail, 4-rail and cross-buck configurations are available for your design.
10. Choice of Colors: With eight colors to choose from and several different configurations, you will find our H.D.P.E. Ranch fencing will fit your needs. Choose from white, black, gray, brown, cedar, redwood, weathered wood and hunter green to match your style!
by Gina Marie Hery
Equine Enthusiast and Products Consultant